LMT Circle K
Hotel Reservations: Make reservations at the Hyatt Place (6080 Bluebonnet Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, (228) 769-4400). The group name is LaMissTenn Circle K Convention. Rooms are $109/night.
Certificate of Election of Delegates and Alternates Form: Each club is allowed (2) two delegates to represent their club. Elect your delegates.
Certification of Sergeant-At-Arms and Alternates Form: Clubs must assist with security during the convention.
Kiwanis Responsibility Form: Each club’s sponsoring Kiwanis Club must acknowledge that their Circle K Club will be attending the convention and accept responsibility for the club. Individual Circle K Member registrations will not be processed until District Office receives this KIWANIS RESPONSIBILITY FORM from their home club.
District Convention Code of Conduct: Standards operating rules for members to follow while attending DCON.
Friday, February 24, 2023
- 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Registration
- 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Opening Session (Club T-shirts)
- 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm Candidates Meeting; Sergeant-At-Arms & Delegate Expectation Meeting
- 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm Team and Group Icebreakers
- 10:00 pm – 12:00 am Evening Activities
Saturday, February 25, 2023
- 6:30 am – 8:30 am Breakfast on your own
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am Club Presentations
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am Workshop Session #1
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am Workshop Session #2
- 10:40 am – 12:00 pm Service Project
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Awards Presentations
- 1:30 pm District Caucus
- 2:00 pm House of Delegates
- 2:30 pm Meeting of the 2018-2019 District Board
Convention Packing List
- Blessing Bag Donation items
- Club Tees and jeans for Friday—Nice dress clothes for Saturday
- Tropical outfit (appropriate): Hawaiian shirts/grass skirts for Friday
- Spending money (in case you do not get enough to eat, etc.)
- Pajamas, toothbrush, and toothpaste and other toiletries.
- Extra snacks & such in case you get the late night munchies
- Electronic equipment (laptops, ipads, chargers etc.)
- A good attitude, ideas, concerns, great caucus questions
- Club spirit and enthusiasm. (Club T-shirts for opening session, and cheers for roll call at this time)
- Two Delegates for the House of Delegates & Two Sergeant-at-Arms
- Your completed clubs awards packet